Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Liquid Soul

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Pocketime's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2003
    Posts
    322
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Last night after work as crappy as I felt with this sinus infection I felt compelled to go to the Cleveland House of Blues for a show that I was certain would not disappoint. I was most certainly correct in that judgement. I had heard some of Liquid Souls' material but I had absoloutely no idea that I was in for the treat that I got last night. These guys are one of the tightest, abyss deep pocketed ensembles that I have ever witnessed live on stage. They grooved so hard that I am suprised that the venue is still standing. The drummer just brought the house down!!! His name I believe is Victor Baker. Power, dynamics,chops extrodinaire, and pocket so deep light won't shine. Has anyone here ever heard of this cat? Also, if they come to your town RUN DON'T WALK!!! The ticket price was only $11.00 at the door. I did not want this show to end. They did a rendition of "Salt and Peanuts" that started out at this 300mph bop tempo and somehow pulled it into this funky back beat riff that had the whole joint moving. The horn section(tenor sax, soprano sax, trumpet and fluglehorn) played by two guys was just simply astonishing. At times I thought that the entire T.O.P. horn section was playing. In short, go check these guys out!!! And by all means,<marquee>"Keep It In The Pocket". PT</marquee>www.liquidsoul.com.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member funkydrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16th, 2004
    Posts
    203
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    sounds like a killer show! too bad they're not coming anywhere near me, but next time they are in the area, i'll be sure to catch the show. thanks for the heads up on these guys, and i'll most definetely keep it in the pocket.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member ladanny's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 31st, 2003
    Posts
    819
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I actually went to their 1st CD party and was blown away. They sound much better live than on CD. They're a live band for sure. Yes, if you can see them live, check them out for sure. At a min. you'll have FUN.

    Danny

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Pocketime's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2003
    Posts
    322
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just got an email from the guys in Liquid Soul and there drummers' name is Tony Taylor. Anyone ever heard of him? PT.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •